August 7, 2015
- Paul is a self-taught guitarist but he also attended piano lessons
- He has been the frontman of four bands: Kat Cool & The Kool Cats, Streetband, Q-Tips and currently Los Pacaminos.
- He also became the touring guitarist and keyboard player for Tight Fit.
- He signed a solo deal with CBS in 1982, and his first album ‘No Parlez’ sold seven million copies – making it the biggest selling UK-signed album on CBS.
- Known for his covers of other songs, his first self-penned hit was ‘Everything Must Change’
- He is one of the featured vocalists on ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’ by Band Aid, and had the task of singing first.
- He performed at Live Aid in 1985 at Wembley Stadium, and even did a duet with Alison Moyet.
- He received a Brit Award for Best British Male
- He is a keen cook, and has appeared on Celebrity Masterchef and Hell’s Kitchen.
To learn more about Paul Young, click here – written by Daryl Easlea.
Take a look back over the years to see which songs were in the Top 10 on the Official UK Chart this week…Read more
With a whole host of new playlists, channels and features approaching to celebrate the band’s fiftieth anniversary, our Artist of the Month for September is the mighty Earth, Wind & Fire.Read more
With this year marking the 30th anniversary of the epoch-defining ‘Loaded’, our artist of the month for August are the evergreen party starters, Primal Scream.Read more
With the mightiest metal masterpiece of them all, ‘Back In Black’, celebrating its 40th birthday this month, AC/DC are our artists of the month for July.Read more
With a new deluxe edition of seminal second album ‘Gold Against The Soul’ on its way this month, our Artists of the Month for June are the Manic Street Preachers.Read more
Fifty five years on from his domination of the UK album chart with five albums in the top twenty, and with the Nobel Laureate once again releasing new music with ‘Murder Most Foul’ and ‘I Contain Multitudes’, our Artist of the Month for May is the one and only Bob Dylan.Read more
Following our recent collaborations with the great one’s Estate, and with more on the way, we’re rather more than proud to announce that our Artist of the Month for February is Prince.Read more
With the career-spanning, epic box set ‘MODE’ released this month, we revisit the legacy of one of the most innovative bands in musical history. Depeche Mode are our Artist of the Month for January.Read more
With the new RomCom ‘Last Christmas’ out now in theaters, our Artist of the Month for the Yuletide season; the pop colossus that is Wham!Read more
As a very special edition of 1979’s ‘London Calling’ hits the shelves, and the accompanying exhibition is due to open at the Museum of London, punk legends The Clash are our Artist of the Month for November.Read more